Consumers can enjoy the appearance and feel of real cork with our Pearl® MicroAgglo cork. It offers a natural alternative to synthetic stoppers and screw caps at a comparable price.
Pearl® corks demonstrate our continuing commitment to sustainability and recycling. Cork material remaining after punching solid (natural) wine corks is carefully sorted and processed. A series of operations reduces the material to uniformly sized particles. Dust and particles that do not meet the narrow size tolerance required are saved for use in other non-M.A. Silva recycled cork products. We use only approved food-grade bonding agents.
Pearl® MicroAgglo corks are designed primarily for price-sensitive still wines, light sparkling wines and beer, intended to be consumed shortly after purchase. This product meets the same quality standards as our natural and technical wine corks, but at a price point competitive with screw caps and synthetic stoppers.
Pearl® corks are offered in 39x24 mm and 44x24 mm.
The product is available in two granule sizes.
Pearl® corks are recommended for wines which will be consumed within two to three years.
- Length: Nominal ± 0.5 mm
- Diameter: Nominal ± 0.3 mm
- Ovalization: <1.0mm
- Moisture: 4%-7% moisture content
- Dimensional Recovery: >96%
- Density: Nominal ± 290 Kg/m3
- Resistance to boiling water: No disintegration
- Extraction Force: 15 daN–45 daN (coated corks)
- Sealing Ability: No leakage at 1.2 bar
- Capillarity: <1 mm
- Torsion: ≥35º
- Shearing strength: ≥6 daN/cm2
- Use before: 6 months
- Storage humidity: 40% - 70% RH, non-condensing
- Storage temperature: 15ºC - 20ºC, 59ºF - 68ºF
- Location: Store in a clean, well ventilated, odorless place away from chlorine products.
Technical Product Sheet - Pearl®