Silktop® Technical Corks
Technical corks consist of a body composed of agglomerated cork granules, with a high-quality natural cork disk at each end. This combination presents natural cork to both the wine and to the consumer while retaining properties similar to our natural cork offerings. It delivers a dependable seal, consistent insertion and extraction performance, below sensory level TCA and other off-aromas combined with outstanding visual appearance.
Silktop® stoppers are designed primarily for mid-range wines which may benefit from short-term aging (three to four years). This is a technically advanced product that provides a good closure for wine at considerable value. We use only approved food-grade bonding agents.
Silktop® corks are offered in 39x23.5mm and 45x23.5mm sizes.
This is a technically advanced product that provides a good closure for wine at considerable value.
Silktop corks are recommended for wines which will be consumed within three to four years.
- Length: Nominal ± 0.5 mm
- Diameter: Nominal ± 0.3 mm
- Ovalization: <1.0mm
- Moisture: 4%-7% moisture content
- Dimensional Recovery: >96%
- Density: Nominal ± 280 Kg/m3
- Resistance to boiling water: No disintegration
- Extraction Force: 15 daN – 45 daN (coated corks only)
- Sealing Ability: No leakage at 1.2 bar
- Capillarity: <1 mm
- Torsion: ≥35º
- Shearing strength: ≥ 6 daN/cm2
- Use before: 6 months
- Storage humidity: 40% - 70% RH, non-condensing
- Storage temperature: 15ºC - 20ºC, 59ºF - 68ºF
- Location: Store in a clean, well ventilated, odorless place away from chlorine products.
Technical Product Sheet - Silktops®